Anycubic Photon Mono M5s two Stage lift bug

Two stage lift works correctly for lift, going at 30mm/min for the first 5 mm, then 450mm/min for the next 15mm.

HOWEVER…

For the full retract distance, it goes at 30mm/min, slowing the print down considerably. As can be seen by the screenshot, on the retract, what is should be doing is 450mm/min on the first 17mm, 30mm/min for the last 3mm

Hi,

Does the problem also arises with a file from anycubic software?

I double checked the settings for you that i’m writing to the file. (below).
I also generated a file from anycubic’s slicer, read that in the same order. Same variables.
So i’m not really sure where that comes from… could is be 450mm/min is to large and it defaults?

kind regards
Elco

r.Write(BottomLiftHeight1);
r.Write(BottomLiftSpeed1);
r.Write(BottomRetractSpeed1);
r.Write(BottomLiftHeight2);
r.Write(BottomLiftSpeed2);
r.Write(BottomRetractSpeed2);
r.Write(Unknown2);
r.Write(LiftHeight1);
r.Write(LiftSpeed1);
r.Write(RetractSpeed1);
r.Write(LiftHeight2);
r.Write(LiftSpeed2);
r.Write(RetractSpeed2);

HI @formware Elco

Sliced the same STL using the same parameters (0.5mm/s slow and 7.5mm/sec fast), and it worked flawlessly, so it’s definitely a Formware issue. 450mm.min speed isn’t the issue.

While I can support in in Formware and slice in Anycubic Workshop, this does break my workflow for my farm so I’d rather not do this as a permanent solution. Also, Formware allows different slow heights for lift and retract, Anycubic Workshop uses the same heights for both lift and retract, so that’s not good for time either.

Regarding the slow lift heights, I do see that in the variable assignments you’ve given that there is also only lift height settings (i.e. no separate height settings for retract), whereas the Formware setting does allow for separate retract heights. When the current print has completed, I will set both lift and retract heights to the same in Formware and test again. BTW, I also have an M3 Premium, and on that machine, things work perfectly when sliced in Formware.

Hi,

M3 Premium -> that is basically the same file different extension, the same variables are written there. Same code from my side… so it’s a bit strange it’s not working in the M5s… :S

As you can see in teh variable list above, the file has 8 speeds. anycubic aggregates it to 6 in their UI.

when i’m back in office next week i’ll run another check on the entire file; just to be sure.

do you have the latest firmware on the M5s?
did you test other speeds as well then the 7.5mms? say 4mm/s?

Ah!

My mistake! It was still broken using the Anycubic slicer, I just didn’t wait for it to go past the bottom layers, as they worked fine.

I spent a little time experimenting, and this is what I found out that the bottom layer fast lift, bottom layer fast retract and normal layer fast lift sections are fine at 450mm/min. However, the normal layer fast retract section can not be set higher than 354mm/min (5.9mm/s) otherwise it will default to using the same speed set in the normal layer slow retract section. So a firmware problem, not a Formware problem

Great thanks for letting me know :slight_smile: will save me an hour debugging this week :smiley:

Another thougth i had was that it was maybe an error in the calculatino of transition layers… i thought perhaps they also transition the speeds somehow…
But that doesn’t make sense if there is a hard limit.

have a nice weekend,

Elco