Avoiding Array dimensions exceeded supported range error

I seem to continually get a software crash when attempting to auto generate supports. Error reads “Array dimensions exceeded supported range.”

Is there a step I should take to avoid this error message, such as reducing the mesh first? Or possibly lowering the critical angle so less support structures are generated?

It looks like the error report is generated when the software shows “Calculating intersections” near the progress bar.

What kind of object are you trynig to support?

• how big is the mesh?
  • can you share a screenshot?

We’ve optimized the software for loading and working with very large meshes as we see the demands from industry increasing.
But sometimes there are just memory limits.

Most often this error is when something is way to large or a very strange combination of parameters of some sort…

Attached is a screenshot of the part I am attempting to work with. Hollowing and infill went fine but trying to add supports crashes the program, oddly the other half or “front” of the model printed fine.

Hi Jake,

That’s were strange. The software is used with a lot larger printers ( and parts). Also the amount of faces (600k) is not a lot relatively.

Are you able to send us the part? (over wetransfer to our main mail? )
We’d love to debug it see what jams

Elco

mm some more thoughts. What are your support settings?
As you might know the density of point placement depends on tip size and density percentage.

So for example below i’ve scaled teh bunny pretty large.
Supporting it takes around 17 seconds including all calculations.
You can see that the structure already becomes pretty ‘dense’.
In this case it might make sense to choose a bigger tip size thereby reducing the density of supports a little

I will go ahead and email the part over no problem! What email address should I send it to?

Even after reducing the mesh by 30% It still hangs at “Calculating intersections” and crashes. I am attempting to do light supports mostly for the internal anatomy of the model. Because there are step edges encircling the model the internal slices happen to consist of multiple small diameter circles that form the base of each step of the pyramid until they join together after several slices. I found that only light supports actually generate on mostly all of them.

What I did on the front facing half of th model was generate supports and delete all of the external critical areas and it printed out great.

Hi Jake,

Our default info@ mailaddress is ok.
Please note it’s .co instead of .com

Elco