DLP Print Controller: Ability to start print w/o video

The 3DFacture Draken uses custom gcode commands to control the DLP projector since it is wired up to the controller board inside the printer.

I can’t start printing unless I start up the projector first. This also causes a problem when the print is complete, I shut down the projector from the gcode while the controller still thinks it is printing.

Can you add an override checkbox or something to tell the DLP Print Controller not to look for an active video output before starting the printing process?

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Can’t you temporarily hook up another screen maybe?

The printcontroller is pretty dependent on the screen logic uptill now…

How do you transfer the image then to the printer?

elco

Elco,

It will turn on eventually, but it is not active when the gcode executes.

CWS will hold the name of the device in its config so it knows which display to attach to show the images, but it doesn’t need to be ‘active’ when the print job is kicked off.

Okay, if it is too difficult to handle the startup condition, what about the shutdown condition? If the last image has been displayed, it is possible to ignore the warnings from the screen logic when that display disappears? I could defer the shutdown of the projector until the platform returns to the home position, but as soon as I invoke that command, the controller software will complain.

Thanks,
Ron