File handling errors

I’ve run into a couple of errors that you might want to look at…

The first was when I was slicing, and the USB stick I was slicing to ran full. The program crashed, with a possibility to send a diagnostics message.

The second was when I was unzipping a large zip archive, and got impatient and tried to open one of the files and it seems 7zip wasn’t quite finished with it, yet. Ooops…

The first of those is the important one. Particularly since the Anycubic Photon comes with a 4GB stick.

Hi Trygve,

Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah i guess the slice engine could use some better error handling. It assumes you slice to a location with enough room and are not playing with the zip file.

It’s on our list to do. Guess teh best thing would be to show some kind of slice result; which then will contain errors if there are file write problems.
Or do you have a better idea?

Elco

You need to ‘catch’ the error, toss up a dialog box where you state that the dis is full, then cancel the slice operation.
If the dialog also states the number of slices done/total number of slices, and the amount of space used, then that would also be useful.

Going down in flames as it does now is a kind of a bugger if someone spent the last hour manually adding and editing supports.

Yeah makes sense. Didn’t realize you lost your work.

I was thinking about making an option to save somewhere else; but it’s hard when it’s 1 huge file as with these photon machines.

I didn’t lose more than a few minutes, and most of that time was during the slicing operation.
(I had autogenerated supports on it)