Internal supports

I’m new to Forware for a Sonic that is on the way. I’ve used Solus Contour and Preform a lot so not new to the game.

How do I avoid internal supports? I’ve unclicked the box and any number of redos and refreshes, but nothing seems to get those supports to the baseplate.

Hi,

I’m not 100% sure what is going wrong. But the effect of the internal supports checkbox is as follows:
Turned on means is places internal supports that land at the object. Turned off means it only places supports when it can go fully to the ground plane.

Turned off:

Turned on:

Yep, that’s what I figured, but it doesn’t actually work like that. Currently I’m struggling a bit, coming from other software. I will better document what I’m seeing for comment.

Ok. You can always send me the file over wetransfer to our mailaddress (info @) so i can have a look what it’s doing.

Have you run your piece through netfabb to see if it is a proper object?

It almost looks like the bottom of your model is not completely solid. I am curious about those two dark orange bars that move across the narrow dimension.

Will do. This is idling along for me at present as my printer is still 3-4 weeks away.

The model prints well on Solus and Form 2. The orange bars are part of the model showing as unsupported - which they should. I removed supports there to illustrate the issue. Will check though.

So now I have supports that are creating unsupported islands of their own. This software would be the least intuitive supporting program I’ve used by a VERY long way.

mm interesting. Haven’t seen that one before!
We are working on a printability check so this will be in there as well.

Sorry to hear you find it very unintuitive. We welcome all feedback you give us.