Longer Orange 30 support

Is it possible to support Longer printers?format is generated by chitubox with a plugin
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rPRw68b3Z1oqLwc7hSmP5A9Zx0HjatbE?usp=sharing

i will check it thanks.

in theory; if i read it correctly i think the chitubox plugin functionality is mainly an external program being called with the slice file.

One could already to that with the current version of formware3d for some years.
The path to the slice folder is passed as the first argument to the external program set to start after slicing.

Elco

let me know about the integration process

Any news?
competitors (Lychee) have a solution
did you examine the plugin for chitu to find out a transpose to formware?

Hi sylus,

I’ve looked at the chituboxplugin’s you’ve sent me.
The plugins are just .exe files stored in the AppData\Local\ChiTuBox folder.
For the Longer machine that is gf2lgs.exe and some files from the QT framework. These are made available by Longer.

I think it should be possible to just start the plugin as an external program from our software. This gets automatically passed the slice folder as a first argument. Other arguments are added optional in the configuration (tab workflow).

As the chitubox plugin documentation is missing, or at least I can’t find anything about it, I’m not sure exactly what the order of startup arguments is for the Longer .lgs file converted so I asked them.
When we know this it should be working out of the box.

kind regards
Elco

Dear Formware,
What is the status of this topic,some longer printer users would test Formware but before they need printer support.
I now they could export but they need to compare slicer between them (Chitu,Lychee)

good point. I see you already emailed the longer support as well. We are still waiting on response from their development team.
It should be a matter of knowing which 3 parameters go into their converter in which way.

Elco

Now we have source information from Longer,you could implement lgs slicing support for orange 10 and 30
Thanks Elco fo further actions

Hi Sylus,

Did i miss an email? Or you got it?

Elco

They reach us twice, i forward you the email again

thanks, i will have a look in the coming week.

ok , slice for Orange 30 (lgs) works,will be nice to have the possiblity to delete the temp folder as option ( for all external process)

mm… the hard part is we don’t know exactly when the process is done…
I can check if it gives some kind of feedback when done.