New print profile for Anycubic Photon

Hello Formware team
I found 3 minor bugs in the latest version of the software.
And that’s when I create a new print profile under Anycubic Photon.

1. The slice size in pixels (width * height) does not match that of the Anycubic Photon Displaying 1920 * 1080 correctly is 1440 * 2560.

2. The parameter Mirror Slices in X direction (width) is not activated in the new profile but must be set.

3. The Job Export Format parameter is set to “ImagesAndPrintProfileInfo” but should be set to Anycubic_Photon_File

Hi Skink,

Thanks for reporting this. It’s because they are the defaults in the code…

You can also copy a profile; then it has everything already.

Nevertheless; picking some smarter defaults might be an idea to improve it…

Elco

Hy Elco,
yes, I now understood that this is a standard profile, and you can adjust the settings of course. I did that too. But I made the effort and installed your trial on another computer.
And see under Anycubic Photon Print Profiles “50micron default” is the value for slice image format “8 bit prg images”.
For a newcomer or someone who does not know, he overlooks the parameter and thinks that’s the way it is. I think that should be set in your “50micron default” parameters directly to “32 bit png images”.
Exactly so it is with the parameter “Job export format” there is already “Anycubic_Photon-File”.
I think the standard parameters that are known should also be entered in the “default” parameters of the program.
If the user changes something then he does it on his own responsibility, but for the ignorant it may not be bad if you can orient yourself to the basic parameters.

Is only my personal opinion !!

skink

Here again the parameters “50micron default” after installation of the test version on another computer. Default value “Slice image format” does not correspond to the standard value for the Anycubic Photon “32 bit Png images” all other values agree with the photon !!!

skink

Hi skink,

For the .photon file format they use the amount of bits per pixel is not relevant.

.photon uses a run lenght encoding scheme that just encodes 1 if a pixel is white; 0 if it’s black.
(The also implies the light-mask features don’t work on a .photon).
Of course this might change.

8-bit (1 byte) is what I prefer to use for 3d printers including our own ones; it allows 256 values per pixel. (i.e. 256 shades of gray)

32-bit (4bytes) is what is most standard in windows drawing libraries; It’s a little bit bigger but in .png format still very small. There is no single advantage as you can still only have 256 shades of gray; (remember for white/gray/black all three RGB and alpha values need to be the same).

For all printers i know there is no difference between 32bit and 8bit; except that the firmware of the printer might not understand 8bit. (like i.e. Wanhao D7 that requires 32bit).

Also there are some limits on the width of the image in case of 8bit (needs to be a multiple of 4) if you use certain windows libraries for drawing.

Hello
Thanks for the info, I did not know that. Sorry again for the improper error message from me:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

mfg Skink

No problem, you’re welcome!