I’m a hobbyist with a new Mars 3 working my way through Formware. Discovered Formware through the author of a figurine I bought and printed. Really liking Formware so far (compared to Lychee). I have a few questions and feature suggestions as I work my way through learning Formware. Hope it’s OK to put all in one post.
- The license is perpetual right?! What is the upgrade policy if I purchase a license? Do I have to pay for upgrades? Is there a planned upgrade frequency and/or road map? Lychee has a subscription model. I can understand the business rationale but as a simple hobbyist I’m not a fan.
EDIT: Also what is the difference between the Personal and Commercial versions. As a hobbyist, if I design and print a figurine, can I sell it if I use the personal license? Also the Personal and Commercial versions both state different things in the “Best for Printing” blurb. Does this mean the capabilities are different in each? Is the Personal version a nerfed form of the Commercial Version?
- Is there a way to center and maximize the view (Fit I guess). I find myself often moving and zooming to get a big, overall view of a supported mesh.
- Are there any settings for Illumination Intensity? I recall reading some threads about this (Masking??) but can’t find anything in the UI.
- Any details on the curing time calculations? They look like parameters for kinetics of chemical reactions. What form do the equations take and how are the parameters determined. (Just curious as I’ve touched on stuff like this in the past). Practically speaking, the layer time override is perfect for getting reasonable time estimates.
- Remember window size, placement, layout, folder settings such as slice folder between sessions. I’m always resizing etc. every time I open Formware.
- Add a Recent File function to enable quick loading of a saved project. Saves me having to drill through folder hierarchies as I switch between projects.
- Add a Print History Log with Notes ability. Lychee has a basic History function which can be used to keep notes on the performance of a print.
- Add some more tokens to slice output file names, for example, #project_name#, #exposure_time#, #print_profile_name#
Oddly enough that’s all I’ve got at this time. The more I use Formware the more I learn and like it!