NOVA3D WHALE3 PRO Slicer File generation WRONG

The Nova3D Whale3 Pro Formware Slicer Machine Profile is completely useless and broken. It does not generate a proper .CWS file (like the Nova3D printers all use), it does not generate proper GCode, etc.

The worst part of it is, that even though Formware should allow editing the Slicer GCode generator, it ‘forces’ a bad header that can’t be altered.

Since I’m a ‘New User’, I’m not allowed to upload a proper, functioning example of a .CWS archive generated by Voxeldance Tango Slicer so Formware can help me fix this problem.

What can I do, Formware? Thanks for your attention.

Hi,

As I answers also on yoru emailed I guess i will paste here the relevant answer for other users.

About CWS.

It’s not really a file format, just a renamed zip folder (.cws instead of .zip) and it came from a free software package in 2013, called creation workshop.

I would not recommend anyone to use it honestly, but I can’t stop printer builders from making these decisions.

We implemented it on customer request in 2016 already and it had to be 100% like the original .cws from creation workshop software, as our software was replacing theirs.

Now it can very well be that other printer manufacturers started altering the format. 7 years later.

How to setup CWS

We have 2 ways of supporting it.

1. You can set the slice output to .cws in the dropdown. (slice setup tab). This will setup the entire profile to the default CWS format from 2016. Apparently this doesn’t work on your machine, so things have changed for that.
  2. You can set it up yourself just going from a 8bit or 24bit/32bit PNG output. You can then add the gcode file, and any additional text file or preview picture you need with dynamic variables. Then you just select ‘zip’ output but put the extension to ‘cws’. And it will create the same file with all your files inside it.

Are you able to send me a file for the Whale 3 SE ?

I will set it up for you then.

kind regards
Elco