"Object Close to Border or Outside Build Area" error

Hello,

I’m a new user to Formware 3D and currently I’m using it with my Shuffle XL.

The issue, however, is that sometimes when I export to the printer, there is nothing exported. It is empty, no models. I THINK it has to do with an error I am getting, “Object close to border or outside build area”. The problem is, there is nothing at the edge or too high to be out of the build area. Images are below. Does anyone have thoughts on what is going on? I have centered the models… I have tried nesting them. I have tried moving them manually, and I still get the error, and I can’t tell what model is in error.

Thanks!

Yes this is a known issue.
The bounding-box calculation is very rough and it takes the axis aligned bounding box and rotates it.
So the warning you see is very ‘on the safe side’.

I’ve currently almost rewritten it and made the models gray if they are outside the printable area…
That is a lot more clear…

Hello,

Thanks for your response! Is there a work around at all that I can use for this? When I export to nanoDLP I end up with a blank plate.

It should not effect your nanodlp export…
how are you exporting to nanodlp? which format?
is it connecting ok? (can you see the resin profiles?)

I am exporting as an STL. I am using the Export to NanoDLP Machine button. It does list all of the profiles correctly, and NanoDLP processes the plate that is uploaded, but when I look at the results, it doesn’t show that there is a model in the 3D view. This seems to ONLY happen when I get the object error. If I flatten supports, then it seems something ends up in the plate.

Mmm ok I will add it to the list to point to check.

In the mean time if it’s of any help; you could just make your build table 2x larger to see if that solves it.
As the origin is in the middle it shouldn’t matter for the NanoDLP export when uploading as STL.