Option to generate single/tree support that connects to model, not base?

I am not sure if I am missing a setting or not but I was wondering if there was an option that would generate a single support or tree support and place it from the point and adhere to the model as opposed to generating through the model and placing the foot on the base.

The only workaround I have been able to use is to use the “add connecting bar” option and place one point on the area I want supported and another point below the area on the model.

It seems that the tree and lattice support option has no collision detection when generated manually and just cut through the model.

Your analysis is correct.

The ‘add connecting bar’ is sort of a multifunctional placement tool. You can click any combination of part and support. (beam or joint).

There is the ‘internal tree support’ however it might be more confinient to use the ‘add connecting bar’ and click on the locations you preferr with a structure you prefer…

As mentioned, “internal tree support” will generate a tree between the top-most support points and the bottom-most support point. Follow the on-screen prompts and it works great - it’s a slightly different workflow than you expect at first but it’s minutes to get the hang of it.