Poor Performance, miscellaneous issues

Hi all,

I’m having some issues with the software as of late. Software performance has slowed considerably since first downloading and using, and there are miscellaneous errors that are popping up. See below

• Slices will stop or hang (often leading to a soft or hard crash of the software)
  • Support material will generate only around the edge of models
  • Infill will not generate
  • Drainage holes do not generate plugs (I’ve ensured that “create drainage plug” is selected)

I’m not sure what to make of it. It feels like a cache problem perhaps? The issues pop up on different files, all have been run through the repair engine. I’m rather new to the software so I’m not sure how to go about solving this issue.

Specifications:
Dell Precision T7910
Xeon E5-2603 v3
32GB ECC RAM
Windows 10 Pro build 19042.630 (20H2)
AMD Radeon Pro W7100
Formware v. 1.0.3.4
Peopoly Phenom L

Try running your models through NetFabb before you hit them in Formware. My workflow at this point is

1. Export STL out of Fusion360
  2. Import STL into service.netfabb.com for repair
  3. Import repaired STL into Meshmixer to look it over, run a quick analysis and see what holes Netfabb missed
  4. Export STL out of Meshmixer into Formware

Hi Kbatt,

Can you give an example of a file (can be send per wetransfer.com to our email info@) that gives you trouble?
We can look into it.
Even better if it’s a reproducable issue.

We’ve since 1.0.2.9 made several changes to make the software do more work in parallel and speed up the general working. Things include auto-flatten support, rewritten selectionBuffers and boundingBox algoritms.
No excuse whatsoever, Just to say that there is a lot changing under the hood all the time to try and push it further.

kind regards
Elco