Problem with Photon format

Hi. I have a problem with formware + anycubic photon (Normal version, not S)
The problem is not hardware because using ChiTuBox or PhotonSlicer the printer works.
It happens that if I export to .photon extension the printer does not print distorted images correctly. On the print screen. Instead on the touchscreen and in preview on PC it appears perfect (on 3 tested printers all 3 made the same identical error, precise also as distortion) [see photo 2 and 2.2].
Under a friend’s guide I installed Epax firmware x1 Version 4.2.15 (with AntiAlising) exporting from Formware in .cbddlp extension and printing was successful as per PhotonSlicer and ChiTuBox [See photo 1].

(1- Photon with Epax x1 4.2.15 firmware, cbddlp slicing)

(2- Photon with Anycubic 4.2.12 firmware, photon slicing)

(2.2- Photon with Anycubic 4.2.12 firmware, photon slicing)

After doing another print I noticed that the .cbddlp format has the exact same problem.

Hi Perry,

I have honestly no idea. Perhaps they changed something in their format again.

I’ve tested the .photon format on our machine here in the office with 3 different kinds of firmware and have found no problem. The latest version i tested was I believe the ones from July 2018 downloadable here:
http://www.anycubic3d.com/support/show/594032.html
There are many users out there that use it succesfully.

I have not looked yet at the newer formats where they ‘tricked’ anti aliasing some sort.
It can be this is the problem you are seeing.

If i find the time i will have a look at it.

In the latest version of our software you can also use a 1-click export to a slicer of your choice. It auto-detects programs installed on your machine.
So you can slice in their own format.

kind regards,
Elco

The fact is that it does not happen with all files. But I’m with some. Using Chi Tu Box the problem is not there.
I do not eliminate the possibility that it is the firmware.

mmm…I think you are the second person to report this issue; with somebody having a similar problem 2-3 months back.

It can very well be it’s a problem in our export if something is different in the latest firmware.
for the .photon format i triple checked the bytes layout and structure in the file. It’s identical as far as i can see.

I can only judge from my own experience. We have a normal photon here and tested it with 3 firmware versions and found no trouble. Needless to say i didn’t test it with the 4.2.12 firmware; but i can do so later on.
I think this firmware make some kind of anti aliasing possible with the older machines?

btw, are you in the facebook group for anycubic?

there is a post from Jason Croft and he seems ot have similar issues because the X and Y sizes of the machine are not set correctly in photon workshop or chitubox…

can this be the case?