Program print time does not match actual print time

Hello Formware Team,
first Merry Christmas and a few happy holidays !!

There still seems to be a problem with the printing time, which does not match the displayed printing times of the Anycubic Photon.

Have as an example a toilet house in the scale 1:87 loaded in the molded software.

1. If only the model has been opened in the software, a print time of 4:18 appears.
    (This time is consistent with the actual printing time of the Anycubic Photon)

2. Let me now leave the model “Auto-Aligning” increases the time to 5:52
    (the printing time exceeds the real printing time already 1:34)

3. If I now add support and also a base plate, then the time remains at 5:52.

Something is wrong with the calculation of the printing time, because I print the model with base plate and support, so I am on the printer a time of 4:18 displayed!

Here’s my print profile of the 0.050 Anycubic white, OffTimeBetween Layers I measured with the stopwatch (between LCD On until the next LCD On)

Gruß skink

Your two images of the Photon screen show the exact same image, so it doesn’t represent what it would be if the shack was printed without supports.

You two images show layer counts of 575 and 783, which explains the change in time. Did the object print in the 4h 19m or did it take longer? Also, what was the projected time of the shack printed directly to the plate?

Good morning @rkundla,

So the 1st picture shows the print object after I loaded it into 3D Formware, without any changes.
(Now the printing time in Formware 3D is still the same as the printing time displayed by the photon)

2nd picture to prove I have set the picture of the photon here with, so Formware 3D says 4:19 photon says 4:18

1. Picture here I have the print object of Formware 3D Auto align, without support, but only align car.
    And already the printing time increases from 4:19 to 5:52 !!

4th Picture now I have also run the support mode, but printing time remains at 5:52 although the support!

1. Picture here again the printing time of the photon, incl Auto align and support. So the print was printed by the photon with auto-alignment and support structure and needs 4:18 how so then displays Formware 3D 5:52!

I mean, there’s something wrong with the computation, if I load the model into 3D formware, the print time is up, even though I just loaded the model, I change the model’s position and add support, but the time on Formware 3D increases not at the printout of the photon !!
Greeting skink

P.S. where I still have to say the car alignment of the model seems to me questionable, yesterday I have another model printed with only 10 degrees of inclination and that looks better than if I align it with Auto alignment of 3D Formware and print!
Weis not whether it is necessary or necessary to turn both axes to 45 degrees on each model!?

Hi there,

The print time display in the top right of Formware 3D is ‘durchschnitliche bauzeit pro schicht * number of layers’.
The first part is set in your print profile below your profile name. (see your last screenshot).
So i think the difference you see is because of this.

The software doesn’t exactly know how fast your machine moves.
Lots of times that also changes per machine and print job.
So I decided to make it just 1 variable and not a calculated value.

Perhaps for the photon it would be easy to calculate if i knew the movement speed of the machine in between the lcd-on times and off times. But as far as i know; it doesn’t obey the off times either… ? not sure if that’s already fixed in the mean time by anycubic?

Elco

@Elco

Ok thought that would be a calculated value and not a variable.

So with the pauses times between the LCD on and the next LCD on time, called (OffTimeBetween Layers) or in Photon Slicer Off Time (s), is the time that the print bed needs between two exposure times, ie the Photon Illuminated, then it switches off, now the time is counted the construction platform rises, then lowers again as soon as the next exposure starts the time is stopped, with me almost exactly 4.8 sec. , In the Photon Slicer from Anycubic I entered this time, then the printing time of the Slicer software is the same as that of the Photon.

So I can not, as you suspected, the off-times change with it, but it is there for the off-times Enter to determine the printing time of the object more accurate, nothing else!

Have sliced ​​for several components and compared the photon slicer time with the time of the photon printer is true to 1-2 min. Assuming I wear the actual 4.8 sec. Off Time!
Since there seems to be a difference in the software variants of the printer, that is why the parameter Off Time exists.
As far as I’ve seen, there seems to be a way to change the speed (github) (https://github.com/Photonsters/anycubic-photon-docs/tree/master/firmware)
mfg skink

I might add that the time estimate does not seem to take the # of bottom layers into account. For instance on some thin prints I increase the bottom layer count to a high enough number to more completely cure the thin portion that sits on the plate (helps reduce warping for me), but the time estimate doesn’t change when I change the bottom layer count.

Please see my answer above. It’s just an average for the reason each machine moves with a different speed.