Strange Long poles inserted into mesh when printing?

I have no idea what this is. I am trying Formware and it prints and works with supports really well (albeit super slow slicing) but on both test prints using different models I have the large, long poles with a notch that are just randomly stuck into the mesh! They don’t appear in the 3d view of the slice in software and when I export to Chitubox they aren’t there either but I want to use Formware’s slicer instead of Chitubox so I really need these to go away!

Does anyone know what this is?

Hi,

You are probably seeing holes in your mesh because your are using a GPU slicing methods.
You mesh is invalid then. (did you check it with the mesh diagnosis tool?)

Solve it, 2 options:

1. force CPU slicing (under slice setup in the machine config)
  2. repair your mesh (check our website for an online service)

Speed depends on many things. For the lower end chinese machines they have custom encodings which slow down the slicing process. When you are slicing 1 single object you could benefit from using the CPU engine. Slicing a plate full you can better use the GPU, it’s up to 10x faster.

Also make sure you flatten your supports. (next release will do this automatically)

kind regards
Elco

What does “flatten your supports” mean?

It’s not relevant anymore as it happens automatically.

It means that all seperate mesh parts are joined in 1 big mesh. This makes slicing/drawing/3ddisplay much more efficient and thus faster.

Elco