Support Maschin Anycubic Photon S

They write on their website that the software is usable with the following machines, including the Photon S from Anycubic.
But when selecting the machine and the print profile only the Photon of Anycubic will be displayed?
I downloaded the latest version from your website, but the Photon S is not displayed under the machine profile.
Will the profile be added in one of the next upgrades, or do I have to create the profile and the settings for the Photon S myself?

Hi,

I think it’s because the old settings files are loaded (kept) it doesn’t add the new machines.

Version 1.0.2.8 will has a new machine management that gives you much more flexiblity.
I just released it after some weeks of work.

Otherwise if you don’t want to update to 1.0.2.8 please send me an email and i will forward you the photon s machine profile.

Elco

Hi,

yes it was due to the old settings, this had always taken over.

But now to my next problem, the Photon S has the newest software on it and then the slicer data are always stored in the format .pws.

Will there be an upgrade of your software so that I can use the Formware Slicer again?

skink

If i read the anycubic website correctly with the latest firmware upgrade you should be able to print .photon/.photons and .pws files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ui1GbdONXRO4sG4S8r3X_0E2jTkh_OQt/view

Vesion 5.0.2.

I will test it upcoming week; haven’t done so yet.

Photon S Formware Slicer Format .photons does not work with Photon S

I have tested the Formware software and stored one format on the USB chip and then inserted it into the Photon S.

The following formats work:

1. job export format (.photon) = works
  2. job export format (.Photon V2) = works

The following format does NOT work:

1. job export format (.photons) = here comes the error message "File Format Error

i use export format .Photon V2 !
Will there possibly be an update to the new format .pws !?

Ok thank you very much. Saves us some time here.

I’m not sure there is reason for us to code the .pws format then.
As far as I know it’s not opened by anycubic.

Perhaps to much info;

.photon is the first format they started with. It only has a couple of exposure parameters.

.photon V2 is the same format; except that it allows for anti aliasing. This is sort of tricked by projecting different layers at the same height. So 8x AA will mean a 8x bigger file size. (which if you have lots of layers can start counting)