Support Tip is not anchored to a surface when the surface is parallel to the Build Surface

I think this issue may be related to the “Single Supports are Broken” Bug reported by Trillum in December.
It is very easy to reproduce
To recreate the issue:

• Start a brand new File and import in a square “Test” Cube. (the exact file doesn’t matter, as long as the object’s bottom is perfectly flat and parallel to the build surface.

• Move the Cube up off the Build Surface

• Attach a single support to the bottom surface anywhere inboard of the edges

• Switch to Edit Support mode, and select the support in the middle - Below the “Joint” but above the “Foot”:

• Now drag the support. Notice that the entire support, including the tip move. I would expect the tip to stay anchored to the Model

To create the expected behavior:

• Create a brand new file and import the same “Test Cube”

• Move the Test Cube up off the Build Surface

• Now Rotate the Bottom of the Cube .01 degrees (the angel doesn’t matter, you just need to remove the parallel condition).

• Attach a single support to the bottom surface anywhere inboard of the edges

• Switch to Edit Support mode, and select the support in the middle (Below the “Joint” but above the “Foot”

• Now drag the support. The Foot and Support move, but the Tip stays anchored to the Model. Note there is a “False” Interference warning at the Tip, but at least things work as expected:

Note That Rotating the model 10 degrees takes care to the “False” Red Interference warning:

Hi,

Yes this seems to be wrong. Thanks for your clear description.

It’s probably because they are aligned 100% vertical in this case. It’s written because then you can move single columns by just selecitng 1 foot or lower column.

I’ll fix it that it doesn’t select top nodes attached to objects.

Elco

fixed in coming release.