Trial version does not run

Hello, everyone,

I have downloaded the free trial version. After installation I wanted to test the Formware software but after starting it and selecting it as test version the software did not start. Did someone already have the same problem, thanks a lot.

Hi,

Hard to tell without more information.

What kind of pc are you using?
OS?
gpu?
opengl version?
screenshot of what happens?

we’ve had 1 other report so far of software that didn’t start for unknown reason.

Elco

Hello,

here is the information about my system:

• operating system Windows 10
  • Intel i7 processor
  • 24GB working memory
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX460
    *opengl version: OpenGL 4.6 (355 ext) - GeForce GTX 460/PCIe/SSE2

Formware starts it appears the selection (screenshot). If you press the “Continue Evaluation” button, all windows close.

grafik

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

I have no idea what it is.

Just to be sure i retested the live version (1029) on a blank pc (win10 + geforce GTX 1050)
No problem whatsover.

Please check a couple of things for me:

1. make sure there are no prior installations of settings. For this check this folder to be empty:
    C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\3D_FORMWARE3D_{741D228E-AC07-40C2-A9DC-560B18A54F03}
    (it’s where the settings are stored)

2. do you have internet connection on the machine?

3. can you try an older version? (say for example 1.0.2.6 or 1.0.2.4? ) you can download them from our website after login.

4. do you have a 3d mouse installed of some sort?

If there is an exception inside the software itself a blue/white error box will popup.
So if somethign like this happens it’s mostly something the software can’t catch/handle. That should mean it’s unmanaged memory -> things like the GPU or the OS, something is happening or set wrong.

thanks for your feedback.

Elco

Hallo, Elco,

Please check a couple of things for me:

make sure there are no prior installations of settings. For this check this folder to be empty:
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\3D_FORMWARE3D_{741D228E-AC07-40C2-A9DC-560B18A54F03}
(it’s where the settings are stored) 

Is empty

do you have internet connection on the machine? 

No

can you try an older version? (say for example 1.0.2.6 or 1.0.2.4? ) you can download them from our website after login.

The Version 1.0.2.6 is working.

do you have a 3d mouse installed of some sort?

Yes I use a 3d mouse.

Thank’s for your help.

Ok that’s strange.
I tried without internet but it should just tell you couldn’t connect and give you some default machines, screenshot below.

1.0.2.6 is working -> that’s a start.

• you can try with internet?

• you can try to unplug the 3d mouse? Perhaps that causes a problem?

• does your GPU driver has the latest drivers?

• it can also be a graphics issue, there are some parts of our implementation that are still a bit ‘old fashioned’ and generate some warning. I’ve programmed these out last few weeks but they will be there in the next release.
    It’s however strange that it works on our geforece machines.