What is wrong to the new version

in the latest version it seems that copying sizes of the supports to another is not available. before i could save as default then apply it to another support of the same kind.

another problem when i move the support tip then i have to click it again to move it and it generally became very buggy and flickering.
also when i move a part of a support it is quite buggy and moves when i rotate the view.
And also the button to unify the supports that existed before is no longer available.

i am very dissapointed of the latest version :frowning:

Hi Vano,

Perhaps some more documentation from us would be better.

You can still save the settings of a certain support by clicking ‘save current settings’. (screenshot below)
Furthermore you can switch support profiles quickly (during supporting) with ctrl+1 (2…5) shortcuts. This allows you to quickly switch between i.e. light, medium, heavy.
These profiles can also quicly be setup if you go to “edit all”. -> “quick setup” . This sets all manual support profiles to similar sizes quickly; saving you time.

The ‘unify’ support function has been removed as this happens now instantly.
The reason being that:

• for slicing you always want it.
  • for the 3d view we noticed that people load more and larger models. This required more optimization. So a unified mesh is required.

This might also explain why you see some flickering? can you maybe provide a screenshot of what you see?

so here is an example.
-i create 2 supports which have a tip of 0.8

• i click one support and change the the size of the tip from 0.8 to 0.4 and click on save current settings on profile 1.
  • i click on the second support of the same type that i want to change and click on profile 1 it shows 0.8.

so i cannot copy the sizes from one support to others like i could in earlier versions which was extremely time saving.

about the second issue that i called flickering, i could describe it better as jumping.
the issue is as follows.
-i click on a tip and move while its snapped on a surface.
-when i click somewhere else the tip jumps slightly deeper into the surface, and when i click on it it returns back to the position i put it.

a third issue is that after i click on the tip of a support and move it, it gets deselected and have to click on again to move it. it gets much more problematic when there is the jumping issue where sometimes the ball gets inside the surface and i cannot click on it to move it.

i am very disappointed that i cannot use formware for my work any more with these bugs after the update.
before the update i was really liking formware. please fix these issues and also consider my suggestions in my post in Some feedback to make formware perfect (at least for me) .

thanks

Hi Vano,

Acknowledged. I’m working on it as of 2 days ago. Partially already fixed.
Next release will be this week and i’ll have a look at the other topics as well.

kind regards
elco

btw, if it’s really blocking your work you can always dowlnoad previous releases from our website. Login with your account and click ‘products/downloads’ on the top. There is the release list.

elco