Zooming is not working?

With v1.0.2.5 it seems that zooming with the mouse wheel is broken. The magnifying glass cursor shows up with either + or - in it but it seems I can only zoom out. Zooming in hardly ever works.

I did no changes to the zooming or navigation.
No other remarks about it so far.

Is it still a problem?

It is on the list to revisit the zooming algoritm; sometimes if you go to far it get’s stuck…
It’s something i’ve seen with other CAD packages as well (most notably Rhino3D)
You can always reset the zoom by pressing Ctrl+P which puts you in perspective mode again.

Panning and rotating works with excellent control.

Zooming out works but with poor control using the mouse wheel.

Zooming in rarely works with terrible control.

It may be something to do with my new Microsoft Surface Book 2 so I will check the settings.

mmm strange.

haven’t heard of it before…

I was using a Microsoft mouse which had no issues with other programs. I am not sure of the model number.

I switched to a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse v2.0 and it works perfectly. Problem solved.

Strange indeed.

mmm… I use standard windows forms mouse events to detect mouse scrolling… . Nothing strange there afaik…

As an add on; i’ve fixed some zoom inversion bug in the new version that will come in 2-3 days. It prevents zooming in to far and flipping the zoom thereby.

I want to also add that I am having issues with zooming. I can zoom out using my trackball but am unable to zoom in with it. My normal mouse does not have this issue. I only noticed this issue when I upgraded to version 1.0.2.6.

When zooming in the mouse pointer changes to the magnifying glass with the plus in the middle of it. However the view does not zoom in at all.

mm strange. What kind of trackball are you using? Perhaps we can order something similar and test it here in the office to see what is going wrong with these devices.

I use a kensington “Expert Mouse® Wired Trackball”.

I actually just discovered the issue. When I have my scrolling speed in the kensington trackball software set to anything higher then the lowest setting it will not zoom in. It looks like the safeguard for over zooming is causing issues. Not the end of the world as I lowered the speed in the software and increased it in windows.