Deselect from multiple selection

Hi Elco @formware

I have a long running bugbear…

When I’m selecting multiple joint points (The blue balls) by holding down the shift or control key and clicking on them, often I hit an attached support beam instead. I haven’t yet found a way of deselecting an incorrect selection, I have to start again.

Any chance of adding a feature whereby a selected support entity is deselected if you click on it a second time?

yeah good idea.
I believe it was like this for normal parts; sadly when i just tried it it just deselected all.
I think it fires 1 DeSelectAllEvent to many if shift if pressed.

I find that if I’m holding down shift or control and click on an already selected support element, nothing happens

Hi Elco @formware

Any progress on this? It’s still a very annoying thing…

I did make a lot of updates on selection of parts/supports in the partlist. This was not working good.
I didn’t check this ‘deselect’ with clicking as I thought it was working.
Confirmed it doesn’t work as it should.
I will fix it.

kind regards
Elco

hi,

This is fixed.
There were 2 problems;

1. with normal parts it was not working due to an update.
  2. with supports; it was not deselecting because of (1.) but also not deselecting as a whole when no subpart of the supprot was selected.

Anyhow; will publish later today with this included.

Elco

Hi Elco @formware

It’s still not working I can not deselect from a multiple selection

ok will check today again… i did a lot of rewrites; pretty sure i tested this as well. also with the part selection from the treelists on the right a lot was improved. but thx for reporting it.

Hi ,

It works, just retested in V1088 fresh install.
You have to use CTRL. Shift is a cumulative selection. Using CTRL instead of shift gives you the option to remove again by clicking again. It works accross multiple supports, or 1 support and multiple items in the support; does not matter.
You can also switch from holding down shift to CTRL during the selection operation.

Elco

trying something new… quick video.

https://somup.com/c3liX8wTpd

apparently embedding does not work… but just click the link and it shows the movie.

kind regards
Elco