Some features request

Hello,
I would like to suggest some new simple improvements:

1. Default printer with default profile selected always on program startup - without current “Choose mchaine & print profile” window; I can change it anytime from top-right menu in main window; this window is annoying.

2. File->Configuration; Machines->[some printer]->Print profiles: please add possibility to change profiles order.

3. When exporting to Anycubic_Photon file - export data (images) to some temporary directory and ask only for filename.

4. Rotating object in main window: default there is +/- 10 degrees in each axis. Please add:

• saving that values (after opening there is always 10 degrees),
  • add dedicated buttons for rotate +/- 30/45/90 degrees.
  1. Saving values in “Scale” window. Also - in “Scane to fixed size” there is “Scale X size to” instead of “…Z…” on third position. Aleo please save selected options like “Scale per direction” or “Scale Y and Z proportionally”.

2. Add closing that windows (like Rotate/Scale) with Esc button.

3. Add keyboard shortcuts to rotate, scale and move (like “R”, “S”, “M”) windows.

4. It will be very useful when size of object can be changed in “Object propeteries” tab (right side of main window). There are “Object size” values but they are read-only. It could be “Uniform scaling” (or add checkbox for that).

5. Navigating in main window - ideally: left button - rotate view, right - move view. But it would be enought when moving will be with middle button (and rotate with right, as it is now).

6. Please add keyboard shortcuts to “Display Mode” options (ex F5 - Shaded mesh, …, F8 - Transparent Parts).

7. Save settings from “Support generation” tabs.

8. Please change support generation alghoritm to NOT create arms that cross the object (markes as red after generation). Or add option to remove them at once.

9. Some strange feature that no-one have: every DLP printer have some resin container (that with FEP in bottom). It will be very useful when software will calculate…how much resin I’ll need for print (yes, this is now as Volume) - but in milimeters of resin depth in that container. To be honest - calculating volume each time is horrible; I know that from bottom to first fold in container there is ex. 5mm; software would say that I need 4.2 mm so I know that I need to add some resin. Simple and fast.
    Settings of container size would be in Machine Options in menu (next to Build platform size).

10. If tehre is possibility - in “Object properties” add text box for user comment.

Great software :wink:

Hi Dziobu,

Great feedback thanks!
I think most of them are all good points that i’m going to add!

Regarding translations/rotations on preset angles; you can also activate the ‘gridsnap’ for rotations/translations i.e. at every 5 or 15 degrees. That is much faster than using the popup…

thx for this list! Going to do my best to include them in the next release.

Elco

Not sure if i can build the navigation method you describe btw.

Our navigation is mainly done in the same way of programs like Rhino3D.

LeftMouse is used for object selection.
Right mouse is for rotating (or when you hold shift you translate (pan))

When you use left mouse to rotate your view you might interfere with selecting objects. I need to check that that doesn’t cause trouble…

Also on the list is integration of the 3DConnexion mouse. Guess there we would need to support the different navigation modes anyway…

1. Yes, I know that there is “gridsnap” - but when there is multiple items on table, rotating with window is easier. Especially when I know that I need to rotate them by exact angle. But it was only my idea what would be useful - saving last rotating angle would be fine.

2. Navigate - I understand.
    So maybe do something else - now I can rotate with right button and move when right is clicked with pressed shift. Is there possibility to change to move mode also when I press shift when right button is already down?
    Now I have to clearly press shift and then right button. When working fast, I press them simultaneously and sometimes I have my move mode, sometimes not.

1. yes it’s a good point. I’ll build it so they save it.

2. See what you mean. I don’t think this is possible; i blocked this (shift while rotating) for a reason :wink:
    The thing is that each time you rotate the 3D View has to recalculate it’s perspective/viewing transformation. When you release your right mousebutton it does some final calculations. When you switch to panning half way in the rotation it gets a bit difficult to seperate concerns in code…

1. OK. It doesn’t change anything. After change of shift state, do all recalculations and treat it like next, independent move/rotatation session.
    I would like to pass from this:
  • (a) user press right button; you start rotate mode,
  • (b) user rotate object,
  • ( c) user release right button - you do all recalculations
  • (d) user press shift,
  • (e) user press right button, you start move mode.

to this:
  • (a) user press right button; you start rotate mode,
  • (b) user rotate object,
  • ( c) user press shift; you do all recalculations and start move mode (in this step you have to do everything from c, d, e steps from above exmaple)

And the same in second way.

Of course it depend on way how you do it in code, but this is just feature request :wink:
(I’m also a programmer;I don’t want to request something which is difficult/impossible to do ;))

I understand what you mean. I’m not sure at the moment it will work out with the different events being fired. (mousedown, shiftdown). I have to investigate it when i do the 3dMouse integration.

As for the MM indicator of how much resin one would need. That’s a real handy one i guess.
Do you figure a surface margin of 10% is ok for this? I mean, the VAT usually doesn’t end at the LCD/DLP projection i gues… ?

OK. Thank you. If you want to check something - I have 3DMouse.

I think that settings for user would be better than calculating from bed size. It will be usable for all printers, even if someone has custom VAT.

We’ve released 1.0.2.1 last friday.

I’ve already incorporated some of your requests:

• saving of values in popup boxes (like translations/rotations etc). Made a generic function for it.
  • F6 - F8 keys for view modes
  • option to ‘not’ ask for picking a printer at startup
  • a ‘mm’ height estimation in the slice dialog for how much resin you need. currently has 10% margin over your build table. I’ll make that a setting…

the rest is still on the list for next update.

Hello Formware team
I have now purchased their software from “https://www.edv-3d-druck.de/” and then installed the latest version of Formware 3D 1.0.2.1. Can not detect any errors so far. And I have to say the software is absolutely worth the money !!

I hope there will be more updates and there will be some more translations. Definitely worth a recommendation.

Mfg skink

Thank you.
Time to start tests :wink:

Hello Formware team
it would be nice if the program would remember which printer you own so as not to have to re-select the data each time you start the program.

Material and pressure profile should be able to be stored separately as it already describes user dziobu. To not have to re-enter everything after updates.

The material and pressure profile parameters should perhaps be separately adjustable via an icon or just keep at the start of the program !!